Until the closest group is closed
Specialists in accompanying tourists in the exclusion zone
Rough Program of a One-day Tour
07.20 — 07.50
Meeting our team
28 Simona Petlyury street at the parking area of the Stolychnyi Department Store close to the Central railway station in Kyiv, Ukraine. Panoramic View on Google Maps Passport control. Taking seats in our comfortable van.
Leaving Kyiv to reach the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone and the Zone of Absolute (Mandatory) Resettlement
The drive from Kyiv to Dytyatky 30-km Zone Checkpoint takes around 2 hours. In order to use the time efficiently, we suggest watching the specially selected videos on the Chernobyl catastrophe. Pit-stop at the gas station is planned on the way. You may take a coffee, have a snack, visit the WC.
10.30 — 10.45
Dytyatky 30-km Zone Checkpoint
- passport control
- safety rules briefing
- entering the Zone, driving to Chernobyl. Along the way we will be driving through the abandoned villages of Cherevach and Zalissy, and passing by the Uzh river
Your will see that Chernobyl is virtually a usual Ukrainian small town, where the employees of the power plant and other Exclusion Zone state companies are based. Indeed, being here for the first time it’s hard to imagine that this town has something to do with the catastrophe of 1986.
- photo-stop at the Chernobyl sign
- a bus tour
- visiting the exposition of the robots and equipment which were in use to mitigate the catastrophe consequences
- To Those Who Saved the World monument
Leliv 10-km Zone Checkpoint
Entering the 10 km Zone.
Visiting the kindergarten which is the only remaining building in the whole village. The rest of the facilities were buried in the ground. Kopachi village is located 4 km from the power plant.
Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant industrial site
- photo-stop at the cooling pond фото остановка возле пруда охладителя
on the right one can see the unfinished reactors 5 and 6
as well as the huge cooling towers
on the left there are nuclear units 1, 2 and 3
and the New Safe Confinement, the so called “Arch”
- visiting the memorial next to the administrative building of the CHNPP
- feeding gigantic cat-fish (depends on weather conditions)
- SHELTER-2 “Arch” from the observation point
You will see the New Safe Confinement at the distance of some 300 meters!
The abandoned town of Pripyat
- the Red Forest
- the Pripyat sign on entering the town
- the Death Bridge
- stop on the central square of the town, a walking tour
- Energetic Palace of Culture, Polissya Hotel (observation point)
- department store
- amusement park
- the Ferris Wheel (its inauguration day was planned for May 1st, 1986, but …)
- town hall which became the first headquarters of the governmental commission mitigating the consequences of the accident
- Prometheus Cinema
- river port, sinking pier
- kindergarten and school
- Pripyat swimming pool
You will take tons of photos, get absolutely unforgettable impressions and feel really exceptional emotions!
Chernobyl-2 Secret Object. DUGA-1 over-the-horizon radar station
DUGA-1 object is one of the most well-known objects of the former USSR. Its exact name is in fact «5H32». The radar was supposed to detect air targets, like launched intercontinental ballistic missiles. The signal emitted by the radar reminded of a woodpecker hammering. For this reason, the object has been nicknamed “the Russian Woodpecker”.
Lunch is preplanned during the tour. Lunch order is optional.
Coming back to Kyiv
The program of the tour is subject to changes due to weather conditions, the light day duration and the directives of the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone administration.